A typical day on an expedition in Zambia:
7-8:50 AM – Shower, dress, breakfast, prepare items you will need to take with you for the day, pack your backpack, etc. Optional: Yoga
8:50-10:30 AM – Meditation, preparation for the day’s activities and the morning training meeting where we learn principles from the “Love Works” curriculum licensed exclusively to Mothers Without Borders.
10:30 AM-5 PM – Humanitarian Service & Cultural Exchange activities at various locations depending on the day (see section below for locations).
5-6:30 PM – Dinner, cleaning dishes, chatting, journaling, showers.
6:30-8:30 PM – Team meeting to share awakenings and insights from the day.
8:30-10 PM – Personal time & showers.
10 PM – Bedtime!
Our volunteers visit several of our partner organizations. A typical experience may include the following locations:
- A traditional African village
- A street kid’s drop-in center
- Our Children’s Resource Center
- The Carol Zulu Primary School
- The compound where many of the locals live in Lusaka, the capital city of Zambia
- A traditional artisan’s market
- Partner orphan care centers