Our volunteers visit several of our partner organizations. A typical experience may include the following locations:
- A traditional African village (1 day)
- A street kid’s drop-in center (1 day)
- Our Children’s Resource Center (4-5 days)
- The Carol Zulu Primary School (1 day)
- The compound where many of the locals live in Lusaka, the capital city of Zambia (1 day)
- A traditional artisan’s market (1/2 day)
6-7:15 AM – Shower, dress, breakfast, prepare items you will need to take with you for the day, pack your backpack, etc. Optional: Yoga 6:30-7
7:15-7:45 AM – Meditation
8:15-9:30 AM – Morning training – learning principles from the “Love Works” curriculum licensed exclusively to Mothers Without Borders and prepare for the day’ activities.
9:30-5 – Humanitarian Service & Cultural Exchange Activity – various locations depending on the day
5-6:30 PM – Dinner, cleaning dishes, chatting, journaling, showers.
6:30-8:30 PM – Team Meeting: share awakenings, insights from the day.
8:30-10 PM – Personal time & showers.
10 PM – Bedtime!